Friday, December 28, 2007

My baby's first Christmas

This is my baby's first Christmas... I've already started thinking about it long time ago !!! I do tend to make a big fuss out of everything !!! so how about Christmas, my baby's first Christmas... At first I had many ideas of home made ornaments, handprints... but with my father in law going to hospital, me preparing for the big Chistmas dinner at my place, and shopping for the gifts, I had really small chances in actually DIYing the ornaments...
So when I ran through these ornaments at the store, I thought that is the solution; they were the perfect idea for a first Christmas ornaments, because I can personalise them and add my baby's Picture !



The ornaments actually cost me 2 $ each, then I printed my baby's picture on a normal paper. I didn't even had to use glossy paper, because it's a small size pic, so low resolution or paper quality didn't matter, especially that the pic is covered by the glossy frame window. I also bought the organza bags for 5 $ the bunch. I used an old gold pen to write on the back "mon premier noel , and the year" et voila :











As for the kids in the family, instead of getting them big stocking, I used my baby's old socks (not old, old, just socks that don't fit my baby's tiny feet anymore) and filled them with candies (as small as it could contain). I intend to make this a tradition and each year fill my baby's socks with candies... this is a gift that will grow with Joey .... I thought it's nice, they also thought it was nice too, being in love with Joey they actually fell in love with the socks more than the candies inside :)





Here's the final setting for both gifts :





No comments: